Instead of having to physically go into a restaurant to use an offer, guests can now use an Online Offer when placing an online order. This creates a world of convenience, flexibility, efficiency and delight, for both the guests and restaurants.
Table of Contents
Creating Online Offers
In your My.popmenu.com dashboard, go to Communication -->Offers. You’ll see that Offers has been separated into two sections: Online Offers and Dine-in Offers
Online Offers are separated into three tabs:
-Ready: This tab holds all the Online Offers that have been created but not yet been activated.
-Live Offers: This tab holds all the Online Offers that have been activated and currently still active
-History: This tab holds all the Online Offers that have been deactivated, expired or reached their redemption limit and are no longer active.
Next, click the “Add Offer” button to begin creating an Online Offer. Select the type of offer you'd like!
Select if you'd like your offer to apply to all menus, a specific menu, one menu's specific section or a specific dish
Fill out your offer details!
Delivery Method: Offers in online order can be delivered in two ways:Smart Message and Dynamic Message.
Smart Message Offers can only be used in Popmenu's Smart Messages, which means these offers can be attached and then automatically sent out.
Dynamic Message Offers can be used in Mass Messages, Text Messages, Print, Social Media and any other marketing channel where an Offer code can be copy/pasted into a message. This option allows you to create a generic offer code that can be used in social media OR have a unique offer code sent to guests that can only be used one time per guest.
2. Offer Type: Select the type of Offer you'd like to create: Percentage Off or Dollar Off.
3. Minimum Order Amount: Set a minimum order amount that guests have to hit in order to take advantage of the offer.
4. Usage Limits
Redemption Type - This applies to general offers
“Single-Use” - usage limit means that each recipient of the offer will get a unique code, and once that code is used, it cannot be used again by the recipient or anyone else.
“Multiple Use” - usage limit means you can create a custom code that whoever gets the offer code can use as many times as they want. For example, you could create a code called, "Fivedollarfries" - you could then use this code in social media marketing, email, and/or text messaging.
Usage Per Order - This applies to dish-specific offers.
“Single-Use” - usage limit means that the type of dish selected to be eligible for an offer will be discounted for no more than 1 quantity of that specific dish in a given transaction.
“Multiple Use”- usage limit means that the type of dish selected to be eligible for an offer will be discounted for multiple quantities of that specific dish in a given transaction.
5. Usage Per Order: Select if you'd like a guest to be able to use the offer one single time in their order or if a guest can use the offer multiple times in the order. This applies to dish-specific offers.
6. Expiration Date: Select when you want the offer to expire. Once the offer expires, guests will no longer be able to use it
7. Redemption Limit: Establish how many times you want the offer to be redeemed. Once that redemption limit has been hit, the offer will be deactivated automatically and no one else will be able to redeem it.
8. If you'd like to have a recurring offer, toggle Scheduling. For more information on recurring offers, read our Recurring Offers article.
Create Content for Online Offer Codes
Craft the content of what your customer will see with their offer including the offer name, message, and image!
Once the Offer Content form has been filled, click “Save” to create the offer.
After the offer has been created, you will be directed to the Online Offers table, where you will be able to see your newly minted offer in the “Ready” tab. In this tab, you will be able to see different details about the offer. Before an offer can be sent to guests, it must be activated or set “live” by selecting the Go Live button.
Select “Go Live” and then select “Confirm” to activate the offer and set it “Live”. Once you complete this, you will be redirected to the “Live Offers” tab of the Offers page where you will be able to see your newly activated offer.
Sending an Offer
Follow these instructions on the two ways to send an offer now that your offer is live!